Tuesday, March 18, 2008


Think of the best possible thing that you could accomplish today, and then ask yourself this. What would be even better?

I often think that it is so easy to get caught up in the hum drum of life and just be satisfied with our current state. Unfortunately, that current state is not always the best life that is possible for each of us. I feel sometimes like I get complacent and stop really trying to make life better. The danger in that is that I often start to feel like there is nothing more--that this is the best, right now, when there is really so much more.


Never again clutter your days or nights with so many menial and unimportant things that you have no time to accept a real challenge when it comes along . This applies to play as well as work. A day merely survived is no cause for celebration . You are not here to fritter away your precious hours when you have the ability to accomplish so much by making a slight change in your routine. No more busy work. No more hiding from success. Leave time, leave space, to grow. Now. Now! Not tomorrow! -Og Mandino
I think this quote combines my feelings last week of living in the moment, with the thought of striving to make each of our lives better. Maybe instead of lowering your expectations to be more in line with reality, raise those expectations and then improve your reality so it matches them. I think the quality of your life right now depends on how you live it right now. It isn't what it could be tomorrow (although it is nice to plan ahead, no?).

Today can be the moment when you can mold life into whatever you would like it to be. Take a deep breath, stand up, walk forward and truly live all the wonder that is waiting for you to grab a hold of it.

I hope that I may always desire more than I can accomplish. -Michelangelo

You are not here merely to make a living. You are here to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, and with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world. You impoverish yourself if you forget this errand. -Woodrow Wilson

1 comment:

Kevin Neal said...

You continually inspire me to reexamine my life...