Monday, February 25, 2008

Hope, at the end of the day, connects us all no
matter how different we are
--Marketa Irglova

This past Sunday, during the Oscars, I heard this great quote. To me, it seems to be something that can resonate with everyone. I think hope is the one thing that gets each of us through the days--sometimes it is the only thing that keeps one going forward. The woman who said this quote is an indie musician who had a dream and made it happen. She and the co-writer made a simple film called Once with very little money and took home the Oscar for best Original Song. Not only did I enjoy this un-Hollywood movie when it came out, but I always love hearing stories like this. People reaching an unimaginable dream--it inspires me, motivates me, and most of all: gives me a sense of hope that the dreams I have are achievable.

Every person has an ideal, a hope, a dream which represents the soul. We must give to it the warmth of love, the light of understanding, and the essence of encouragement.
--Colby Dorr Dam


Maybe there is a goal that has seemed unattainable, a job that is unbearable, an action unforgivable. Keep hope that things are going to be just fine. There is always hope that situations will improve, and let that hope propel you into the positive situation that is waiting there quietly in the corner, ready to be discovered.


I've saved my favorite quote for last, mainly because I hope that today I'm leaving the world a bit better myself.

When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope still is to leave the world a little bit better for my having been here. It's a wonderful life and I love it

--Jim Henson




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Tammers, you certainly make MY world a better place :) Thanks a bunch!

-Jamie