Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.--Dr. Seuss


Today you are You,
                                        that is truer than true.
There is no one alive
who is Youer than You.--Dr. Seuss

I have been having the best summer of my life. This summer, I've just tried to be me. I've lived most of my life worried what people thought of me. I was worried that they didn't like me, possibly annoyed with how I acted, what I said, if they thought I was nice or smart or pretty. After getting my nice, smart, pretty butt dumped, I was worried that it was because they didn't like who I was. I started this year spending time with someone who thought I was too much. I have spent the summer just enjoying who I am and being that person every day. I surround myself with wonderful people who seem to like this person that is me. Maybe they still get annoyed, but I'm at a point where I think that is their issue and they don't have to spend time with me if they don't like me :). It's a great sense of freedom and I have so much more time to think about ways to make my little universe a better place, rather than consuming myself with what other people think of me. So, go out in to the amazing world just being you. Enjoy it. Embrace it. Love it.

By your own soul, learn to live
                               And if men thwart you take no heed.
If men hate you have no care.
Sing your song, dream your dream,
Hope your hope and pray your prayer.--Parkenham Beatty

I was once afraid of people saying, "Who does she think she is?" Now I have the courage to stand and say, "This is who I am."--Oprah Winfrey

If you are what you should be, then you will set the world on fire.--St. Catherine of Siena 

oh, that's right, I'll personalize your HT if you live near me and request it :)


No comments: