Tuesday, May 03, 2011

 


And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud
was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.-Anais Nin
The beautiful magnolia tree outside my window was in full bloom. The gorgeous blossoms made me smile every time I sat in my little 'corner cafe' and did my writing. They were only there for two short weeks. Barely enough time to get to know them. I miss them already.

 Magnolias are said to signify splendid beauty, dignity, and perseverance. I am trying to live my life this way. Trying to find the beauty in every day, feel dignified with my behavior, and persevere when things get rough. All I can do is keep trying. Perhaps the magnolia blooms more than once a year? I can only hope.

The living self has one purpose only: to come into its own fullness of being, as a tree comes into full blossom, or a bird into spring beauty, or a tiger into luster.  -D.H. Lawrence
 
I believe in the compelling power of love. I do not understand it. I believe it to be the most fragrant blossom of all this thorny existence. -Theodore Dreiser


No comments: