Tuesday, December 09, 2008


Lately I've been feeling like I've hit rock bottom. I am just not at the place I wanted to be in my life at all. Is anyone at that point ever? Where they 'want' to be? I feel like I'm so far from the idea of where I wanted to be at this point in my life and I don't know how to resolve those feelings. Lately, I've just felt broken down.

When the Japanese mend broken objects, they aggrandize the damage by filling the cracks with gold. They believe that when something's suffered damage and has a history it becomes more beautiful. ~Barbara Bloom

I'm trying to believe that these things that have damaged me have, in fact, made me a stronger and more beautiful person. That because of my experience, I have gained insight. I'm trying to believe that everything happens for a reason and that there is a reason I am where I am in my life right now. There must surely be a reason that things didn't go the way I thought they were going to go in my life...right?

If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again. ~Flavia Weedn

So, i'm trying to pick up the pieces and instead of staying lying on the ground of this 'rock bottom' that I'm feeling I hit; I'm digging my way out.

No comments: