Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Indecision is like a stepchild: if he does not wash his hands, he is called dirty. If he does, he is wasting water --African Proverb

I think I am probably one of the most indecisive people that I know. It isn't because I don't like one option or another, it is just that usually I'm happy with either decision. What kind of food? Thai or sushi? Love 'em both. I think many times, I'm paralysed and unable to make a decision for fear that I will make the "wrong" choice. A wise woman often says to me, "there are regrets and happiness with every decision". Oh so true. No matter which option you choose as your final decision, there may be regrets that you didn't choose choice 'b'. You may also have immense happiness from choosing 'a'.

We are often presented with choices and sometimes don't know which will bring the most positive value to our lives. I think the important thing is that once you make a choice, you have to have the commitment to stand behind it and go for it!

If we are to learn to improve the quality of the decisions we make, we need to accept the mysterious nature of our snap judgements --Malcolm Gladwell

Every decision has a cost. Do I have to make this decision at all, or can I move onto the next thing? What we decided to leave out is almost as important as what we put in. --Joshua Schachter

When you determined what you want, you have made the most important decision of your life. You have to know what you want in order to attain it. --Douglas Lurtan

No comments: