Wednesday, May 24, 2006




At last! I know you were all counting the days until the return of Happy Tuesdays. Okay, maybe not, but one is coming your way anyhow!

This past week has led me down nostalgia lane, as my birthday always does. This year was (I must confess) an amazing birthday. Dare I say the best one yet! Not only did the Chow Family visit, but we had an amazing party here at Casa Scher-Shamblin that was not to be missed! We had Tammi-tinis and the chocolate fountain was flowing :) It was so nice to have people come and celebrate my special day and be their wonderful giving and generous selves. The Chow's joined us in Brooklyn for a day of outer-borough fun and then we had a great opportunity to see ABT's Gala Performance! Oh la la! Amazing.

My birthday always makes me think of where I have been and what was happening last year at this time, and past years. I have this terrible habit of looking back at certain choices that I made and beating myself up about having made the "wrong" decision. As of late though, I've come to the realization that it is so important to love all those things that have happened in the past. It is a complete waste of time to just dwell on the people that I spent time with that turned out to be goobers, a place I lived that I hated, or a job that was terrible. I really feel that each of those choices has brought me to where I am now. The person that I have become and each one of those "regrets" is actually a wonderful piece of my puzzle of a life. I go back and forth with this battle of regrets and I battle the feeling that I may have wasted time in my life. I guess the only current waste of time is still thinking about those things, rather than just accepting them and loving each regret. I think that it really allows me to no longer think of those choices as regrets, but simply a different choice.

I guess all I'm saying is that it is no use to take up the precious moments of the current days worrying about the days that have past. So, go ahead, love those regrets, and in time--regret nothing.

Make the most of your regrets. . . . To regret deeply is to live afresh-Thoreau

1 comment:

Kevin Neal said...

I still have memories that make me cringe & groan out loud, no matter where I am. That can be awkward, especially when the CEO of my company is giving a talk on how great the company is doing...
I guess you could say I regret my choices/actions/state of mind at those times, but each day I learn to appreciate those moments a bit more, along with all the rest, for helping me get to where I am.

Thanks for the Happy Tuesday, and please feel free to continue when the inspiration strikes!