Tuesday, October 25, 2005

(Breathe Deep)

Well, we've had a big Nor'Easter, as they call 'em out here. The storm has made for not-so-pleasant weather and yucky weather makes me feel like getting cozy in bed with a good book and a great cup of cocoa. There is seemingly no time for that though. I've been feeling a little (dare I say) stressed lately. I had a major "missing CA lifestyle" sort of weekend. That laid back, no one honks unless there is a sign of danger, people smile at you in the store, etc. As I came home today on the train I wondered if this particular night-maybe, just maybe-there won't be someone arguing on their way home or people fighting over an empty seat, then it is onto the gym, then come home and make dinner, pick up the junk that I threw on the floor as I came home, do the dishes, get ready for work tomorrow, and blah blah blah. So, I've decided that a little time for relaxation is needed. I think it is something we take for granted, but the studies about relaxation are amazing--the fact that more creativity and productivity comes out of five simple minutes of relaxation.

The time to relax is when you don't have time for it ~Sidney J. Harris

I know that, for me, HT is a method of relaxation. But, for some reason I don't find the thirty minutes every week for it....I always seem to think there are other things I should be doing with my time.

Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering. ~Pooh's Little Instruction Book, inspired by A.A. Milne

Now I've had my glimpse of relaxation, it is your turn! So, I give you full permission to RELAX! Go and sit on your butt and do NOTHING! Don't even think about rushing around today...you've got a full five minutes of YOU time. May this day be filled with relaxation in a multitude of ways :)

Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are ~Chinese Proverb

If a man insisted always on being serious, and never allowed himself a bit of fun and relaxation, he would go mad or become unstable without knowing it
~Herodotus(484 BC - 430 B

No comments: