Thursday, January 29, 2009


Peace

Being at peace is a daily (if not minute by minute) struggle for me. I'm what my friend Deb calls a "deflector". It's not that I need to distract myself with activities, but rather I like to deflect situations away from myself. I reallly struggle to just be at peace--not thinking, doing, dancing, baking, just being. I think being in the city really does not foster a sense of peace during the day. It is all about running around, and I've lately felt overwhelmed and like I'm going to fall apart.

Luckily, I've been in a little retreat mode the past few days, and have felt more at peace than I have in the past year.

"When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others"

"Peace is not something you wish for; it's something you make, something you do, something you are, and something you give away"

"Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process. Gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly builing new structures"

Thankfully, here's my current view to find some peace...

No comments: